Information about the right of withdrawal for consumers
You want to cancel your order with us? This is not a problem.
Short and sweet:
Send us an email(firstname.lastname@example.org), in which you informally announce which order (please specify order number or invoice number) you want to cancel. If you paid by bank transfer, please tell us your bank details in the mail.
Of course, we are always interested in the reason for cancellation – but it is NOT necessary.
We will then send you an email with the address to which you can return the goods. This is usually:
Kinga Bartczak, Fritz Hecker St. 61, 50968 Cologne, Germany
You then return the goods at your own expense – unfortunately we do not cover the postage here. Please use suitable packaging.
When we receive the goods, we will refund your money in the same way we received it from you.
A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that can predominantly be attributed neither to his/her commercial nor to his/her independent professional activity. Now a bit more formal again:
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, have taken possession of the goods. To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must notify us (Kinga Bartczak, Fritz-Hecker-Str. 61, 50968 Cologne, email@example.com) by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or preferably e-mail) of your decision to revoke this contract. You can use the attached sample cancellation form, which is not mandatory. In order to comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you cancel this contract, we must return to you all payments that we have received from you immediately and at the latest within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your cancellation of this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment. However, you must bear the postage costs of the return. We may refuse to refund you until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier. You must return or hand over the goods to us immediately and in any case no later than within fourteen days from the day on which you informed us of the cancellation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the deadline of fourteen days.
You bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to your handling the goods in a way that is not necessary for testing the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill out and return this form).
– To [insert: Name/company, address of the revocation addressee, e-mail address and, if available, the fax number]:
– I/we (*) hereby revoke the contract concluded by me/us (*) for the purchase of the following goods (*)/provision of the following service (*)
– Ordered on (*)/received on (*)
– Name of the consumer
– Address of the consumer
– Signature of the consumer (only in case of notification on paper)
(*) Delete as applicable.
Exclusion or premature expiration of the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the delivery of goods which are not prefabricated and for the production of which an individual selection or determination by the consumer is decisive or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer;
- for the delivery of goods that can spoil quickly or whose expiration date would be quickly exceeded;
- for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, the price of which was agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the contract, but which can be delivered at the earliest 30 days after the conclusion of the contract and the current value of which depends on fluctuations on the market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for the delivery of newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts.
The right of withdrawal expires prematurely for contracts:
- for the delivery of sealed goods that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene, if their seal was removed after delivery;
- for the delivery of goods if these have been inseparably mixed with other goods after delivery due to their nature;
- for the delivery of sound or video recordings or computer software in a sealed package, if the seal has been removed after delivery.
The modalities mentioned in this section “Returns” are not a prerequisite for the effective exercise of the right of withdrawal according to. the section “Information on the right of withdrawal for consumers”.
Customers/customers are requested to notify the seller(firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to return to announce the return. In this way, you enable the seller to allocate the products as quickly as possible.
Customers/customers are kindly requested to send the goods as a prepaid package to: Kinga Bartczak, Fritz-Hecker-Str. 61, 50968 Cologne, Germany and to retain the deposit receipt. The postage costs for the return are to be borne by the buyer.
Customers/customers are requested to avoid damage or contamination of the goods. If possible, the goods should be returned to the seller in their original packaging with all accessories. If the original packaging is no longer in the possession of the buyer, other suitable packaging should be used to ensure adequate protection against damage in transit and to avoid any claims for damages due to inadequate packaging.