Women’s Data Day – Learn how to build a Machine Learning model
This is an in-person workshop for women who want to get into Data Science
About this event
👩💻 What is the Women’s Data Day? 👩💻
Le Wagon Women’s Data Day is an evening of coding dedicated to all women who want to gain data skills 💪.
In this workshop, we will demystify what Machine Learning is and how you can build your own predictive Machine Learning models with Python! We will dive into a challenge where you will learn how to create a Machine Learning model to predict salaries.
✨In this workshop you will learn✨
- The logic and foundations behind Machine Learning, to better understand how you or your business can use it (and where not to)
- Different use cases of Machine Learning and we will give you the chance to solve two of the most typical Machine Learning tasks yourself – regression and classification
- How to better communicate with Data and Machine Learning experts inside and outside your organisation
⚙️About this workshop⚙️
This workshop will start with a lecture to introduce the core concepts. You will then be onboarded on Le Wagon’s e-learning platform and access the slides, a sum-up of key notions as well as exercises to keep practising after the workshop.
The workshop is followed by free drinks and snacks where you’ll have the opportunity to meet and chat with other women teach-makers and tech-lovers!🍷🍺
💻In Collaboration with Girls in Tech💻
Girls in Tech is a global NGO that supports young women entering the tech industry and helps them to grow their careers.
The goal of the local chapter in Berlin is to connect women on both professional and social level. The organization is entirely run by volunteers and provides:
- A professional network for career growth and mentorship
- Meetups: recruiting, panels, expert talks
- Education: boot camps, hackathons via Partnership with LeWagon
- Job opportunities and help with job applications